These Low Carb Pumpkin Waffles are a great festive breakfast for your Type 1 Diabetic Child! With only 3g of carbs per waffle, they make for a great low carb breakfast option when autumn rolls around.
You can also turn these into mini pancakes or mini donuts!!
Low Carb Pumpkin Waffles
- 1 Dash Mini Waffle Maker
- 3 oz cream cheese slightly melted - microwave for 30-60 sec.
- 6 Tbsp Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 4 tsp sweetener of choice
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- Heat cream cheese in the microwave for 30-60 seconds, so it is slightly melted
- Add in pumpkin and whisk together
- Add in the remaining ingredients and whisk to combine
- Preheat your waffle maker. Add 2 Tablespoons of batter to the waffle iron.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes. If you are using a Dash Mini Waffle Maker, these do need to cook roughly a minute or two longer than when the light goes off!
- Let them cool. They will just fall apart if they are too hot.